Counseling – How to Counsel Biblically
Dr. John MacArthur has teamed with Dr. Wayne Mack and their colleagues to produce a book for all God’s people—pastors, elders, and lay people. After tracing the history of biblical counselling from biblical times until today, they deal incisively with such subjects as:
- The Scriptures and Biblical Counselling
- Counselling and The Sinfulness of Humanity
- The Work of the Spirit and Biblical Counselling
- Instilling Hope in the Counselee
- Spirit Giftedness and Biblical Counselling
- Preaching and Biblical Counselling
This ground-breaking book presents a system of biblical truth that brings together people, their problems, and the living God. It is founded on three convictions:
- That God’s Word should be the counselling authority of Christians helping people with broken lives.
- That counselling is a part of the essential ministry of the local church.
- That God’s people can and should be trained to counsel effectively.
This volume will be a valuable resource for churches and pastors as they minister to hurting people who are looking for love and hope.
John MacArthur is the pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, president of The Master’s College and Seminary, and featured teacher with the Grace to You media ministry. In more than four decades of ministry, John has written dozens of best-selling books and is near completion of a 32-volume commentary on the New Testament. His published titles include: The MacArthur Study Bible, The Gospel According to Jesus, and Twelve Unlikely Heroes and is near completion of a 32 volume commentary on the NT. He and his wife, Patricia, have four married children and fifteen grandchildren.
There are no reviews yet.